Come to the green paradise of Yilan to get away from the hustle and bustle of Taipei City. It only takes 1h30 by bus to free your soul!
There in Wai’ao, we own a nice Beach House where you can crash, chill, party, play video games and rent some surf boards. The beach is at a 1-minute walk distance from the house so you can go anytime of day and night. In our beach house, you can use everything: bunk bed, hot shower, washing machine, kitchen, and free coffee!
Oh! Did I mention that we have a cute border collie living with us too? You’re more than welcome to pet her, she’s the loveliest!
How to access?
No. 329, Section 1, Binhai Road, Toucheng Township, Yilan County, 261
The beach house is between Wushi habour bus stop and Wai’ao train station, it’s easy to access to by public transport. The fastest and cheapest way is with Kuokuang Bus 1877 from YuanShan MRT (click here to see how to walk to the bus station from the MRT) or NanGang Station/Exhibition Center MRT to WuShi Harbour ($99 NTD). The train is longer and more expensive!
Bus route and schedule From Taipei to WaiAo descent bus at WuShi harbor
Bus route and schedule From WaiAo to Taipei
The house is about 10 minutes walk from the bus station. (click here to see how to go from the WuShi Harbor to the beach house)
Overnight: Outside guest: 500 // tenants: free
Longboard: Outside guest: 500 // tenants: 300
Body board: Outside guest: 150 // tenants: free
- 5 Longboards Wavestorm (8′, soft top) perfect for beginners >> Full review here.
- 4 Body boards
Liability for broken boards: 3500 NTD, puncture: 500 NTD, scratch: 300 NTD.
- Long board (soft board- safer, but more difficult to turn, but do not need anything other than this board until proficient in riding waves). Best for the waves here in Waiao. Can catch even small waves
- Carrying board- pictures, proper way, do not drag if need help we are happy to help you, do not stand/ sit/ when on beach
- when on beach need flip it fin side up
- Rinse it with fresh water before putting back- use hose outside
- dont lend it to another person- one person one board
- When on outside you are responsible for damage even if its not cause by you
overnight to do leave boards outside
- if smoking be careful if boards are near by
- make sure boards are secure when propping up (they have potential to fall)
- Dont slam the board on the floor / sand
- Respect surf priority
- wear leash right before entering the water
surfing session with a coatch
2 hours coaching + one full day of board access.
Beach house equipment
- Bunk beds (double beds)
- Bed linen, pillows, blankets
- Water filter
- Laundry machine
- Parking spot (2)
- Yoga mats
- Free coffee
- no eating in bunkbeds
- curfew - 11pm no loud music, can hang out outside or go to beach
- smoking - outside only please use ashtray. do not throw cig butts on the ground
- take off sheets when you leave and place in dirty laundry container
- wash own dishes after use
- no more than two people per bed
- do not take anything from house outside (unless ask first)
- make sure the two doors stay closed at all times
- no use of illicit substances on property
- wash off before coming inside beach house from beach
- if trash is full please put full bag outside and place new one
- no outside guests in beach house
- we are not resposible for loss or damage of your things
- Rent a surfborad (directly on the beach, 500 NTD per day)
- Go whale Watching, WuShi harbor
- Buy fish fresh from the boat, WuShi harbor
- Go to JiaoXi hot springs
Jiaoxi Hot Spring Park Forest Furo (Bath)
262, Yilan County, Jiaoxi Township, 公園路70巷60號
03 987 6630
Places to eat in Toucheng
Bread and butter
Commute from the airport
Once at the airport (there is free Wi-Fi ), follow the signs MRT to Taipei Main (purple line). Buy a ticket to Taipei Main at the counter.
Tide the MRT to Taipei Main, it should take about an hour (again free Wi-Fi in the MRT). Then you will exit that MRT, but you will stay indoor and just follow the sign, the walk is about 5min.
Take the red line towards Tamsui. You need to buy a token that will cost 20 NT. You need to select “buy ticket” then select the 20 NT fare.
Exit at YuanShan exit 2. Exit 1 has a cheap sushi shop to go, and a 711 so that might be a good place to snack.
Go across and under the bridge, to find the ticket booth and buy a ticket for WuShiGang, 烏石港. Bus number is 1877, need to stop at WuShiGang, terminus station.
Again, free Wi-Fi inside the bus! Let me know of your progress. Bus driver will ask for your yellow ticket when you descent. Then I will pick you up at the bus station.
We hope you enjoy the beach house. Please be responsible and careful.
Do not operate the metal gate on your own. Homes.Taipei will not endorse responsibility for injuries and/or damage/loss.
IF ANY DOUBT, CALL ME: 0986218275
Leave a Reply ·